Tuesday, November 3, 2009

supplies - getting started

My husband looked at the credit card bill. $100.00! he shouts. I say - yes, I told you I needed more paint.  : )
With some paper, several tubes of paint, and a couple of brushes, I'm ready to go. I've spent about $300.00 to get set up. Now, I know why I didn't pursue this passion when I was so much younger. Not, only busy building my house, raising my child and working, I never made the kind of wage to support such a hobby. From what I've read on other blogs and posts, this is really nothing. Some people spend $100.00 on one brush! 


So, when you purchase a painting, you are paying for the artist's creativity, experience, quality, and supplies. All hobbies are expensive. But, if it is your passion, it is well worth it.


My goal is not to become rich or famous. I want to share my journey with you, and provide you art at a reasonable price. Making you happy, brings joy to my soul. There are so many people who are just like I was, young, with a little source of income, but a appreciation for art. I hope that my art will make you happy at a price you can afford. 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot even begin to add up what I spend, I just use my own credit card (the one my husband does not see!) lol. It is so nice getting new supplies, it is one of my most favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does add up fast, is yours a business or a hobby? Mine is a hobby that I want to develop into a business. I have a full time job that keeps me quite busy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive