Saturday, January 30, 2010

free bulldog painting - contest winner on - Face Book Page, Pam's Watercolor Pet Portraits

First step is to draw the subject on the paper,
then I wet it, and staple to a board. Once that is dry - I put a light was, determine my lights and darks then start filling in the detail.  This was the winner of the "I want to paint a bulldog contest" - I was attracted to not only the side profile of the dog, but the setting as well. As a new artist - I use FB to share my projects with. I have a fan page and once a month try to engage the viewers to a challenge. 
First one was paint this animal - other than a cat or dog. Ended up w/a guinea pig, and skunk. 
Then I did a raffle to help animal shelters or rescues and winner chooses what charity to give the money to, and they win a pet portrait. This is still a work in progress. Collecting 200.00 was not as easy as I thought it would be.
Now, I'm doing a give me 5 new fans -and win a parrot portrait.

My goal is to continue to increase my skills and fan base - while making someone smile.
You can't sell any paintings unless people are looking at them. 
I find that FB is a great way to meet other artists and to share my journey with. 

Sales have been pretty good, and free paintings are very appreciated.
How sweet - the woman who won the contest is crying she loves the painting so much.
I'm going to send her the original, she deserves it. Anyone that loves the work that much,
should get the real deal, not just a copy. So - glad to brighten someones day.

A complete painting like this would cost $100.00 - contact me if you would like
a pet portrait. THANKS


4 comments:

  1. I find your process very interesting. I love to learn how other artist work. I do enjoy seeing your stuff on Facebook Pam. I too am a self taught watercolorist, but your level of talent far surpasses mine. Keep up the good work, NO...keep up the GREAT work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, this is looking fantastic. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nice comment. I think it is just natural talent. I haven't done any art since I was 19 or 20. It seems easy for me, but perhaps it is because I don't really know what I am doing - I just do it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Krista - perhaps one day I'll be able to paint flowers as lovely as yours. But, for now, I'll stick to the animals. : )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive