Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inspiration

Where does your inspiration come from?

I am inspired by nature, by the sights and sounds around me, by the people I meet and by their art that I have the opportunity to view. The more I paint the more I want to learn and to accomplish. Each day there is another inspiration yet so little time to act upon them.

Today I was inspired by the artwork of Christina Langman - her colored pencils work magic and her cats come alive on the paper.  I am also inspired by my friends on facebook. Together we learn and share ideas and our passion for life and for art.

For those who believe in God, I wonder if that is what he felt, inspired to keep creating new and wonderful things. Is that why humans need to create?

If you love is for music, painting, drawing, photography,dancing, acting - grasp it and make every moment count, you will live longer and happier if you act upon what inspires you.




1 comment:

  1. The rose pictured is so beautiful! That is one thing that inspires me to paint, the beauty found in creation. I am very grateful to God that he has given me this gift... the desire and ability to paint. In Genesis the Bible says God created man in His image, and perhaps that is why so many persons have the desire to create ... God put it in our hearts.
    I paint because I must....it is a vital part of my identity and I enjoy the process. It would be a shame not to use that gift from the Creator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive