Friday, August 12, 2011

Who's Starving?

So, as I progress, and read about being a successful artist, there are so many rules.

Don't let them know you are starving,
act starving and they will make sure you starve.
Dress the part
Charge according to your skill
People think if it is high prices there was more effort or skill or more value, keep your prices in line with success.
Act successful and success will follow

Gosh, I thought art was about expression. About the love of creating. I've done that whole corporate thing for years, and frankly I'm a bit turned off with the fake people I've met in the corporate world.


So, if I want to paint naked, have no food and drop my prices -  Well, I don't really care. I don't fit in
with the social  norm of being a successful artist. But, I am not starving, I'm filled with compassion for
animals, for people, and I do what I can to help. I will do what it takes to paint every day until I can no longer grasp a brush, and that brings me richness that money can't buy.

So before you put on your makeup, your mark up, and become a success, first define what that means to you,--- to your soul. To me it means - being who I am, and expressing it with photography, paint and laughter, not with a vision of who I am supposed to be defined by someone other than myself.

Just saying - live - love - laugh - life is short. Enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive